G Adventures has launched a new style of upscale, active tours that allow you to be active, focus on local communities and culture, while at the same time enjoying the comfort and interest of unique accommodations and elevated, local dining.
Geluxe Collection luxury adventure trips begin departing in May, 2024, with 28 itineraries world-wide across 16 countries to start.
And G Adventures notes that while the new style of adventure travel ensures you get the ultimate experience of premium active travel, the trips ensure that as much money as possible stays in the hands of local people.
Highlights of Geluxe trips include at least one "Your OMG Stay” and one “Your OMG Day” on every trip.
“Your OMG Stay”
Trips include at least one stand-out style of accommodation selected for its impressive history, design, or surrounding experiences. Think: a tented camp in the mountains of Cambodia, an ecolodge in the Peruvian Amazon, glamping on safari in Zimbabwe, and a stunning boutique hotel in the Greek Islands.
“Your OMG Day”
Personalize one of your days by picking between two different travel experiences on each trip. Examples include a food walking tour in Tokyo, a cooking class in South Africa, a row boat ride and yoga session in Nepal with the Himalayas as a backdrop, and a Jeep safari focused on the cultural heritage of the Sahara that meets with nomads and villagers in southern Morocco.
The 16 countries featured at launch are Botswana, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Peru, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam and Zimbabwe. The maximum group size is 16, with an average of 10-12 people per departure.
The Geluxe Collection trips start at under $4000 per person, and are available to book now through us for departures beginning May, 2024.
Ask us about these and more itineraries:
- Southern Morocco: Marrakech, the Atlas Mountains & the Sahara - Southern Morocco exudes natural beauty and sparks the spirit of adventure at every single turn. An evening visit to the medina in Marrakech allows us to experience local music and dance. Set off on a hike in the incredible scenery of the Dades Gorge and take a camel ride at sunset to a desert camp to sleep in the Sahara under the array of stars. Walk amongst olive and juniper trees through the villages of Ouirgane and immerse yourself into daily life with a Berber family. If you're looking for the heart and soul of Morocco, this is it.
- Central Mexico: Oaxaca to Mexico City - Discover Central Mexico's depth on this immersion into the country's history, traditions and incredible food. Pedal through agave fields to a petrified waterfall and tour ancient pyramids, while taking in the heavenly aromas of tacos and mole while strolling the streets. The perfect balance of history, movement and flavours, this adventure will leave you hungry for more of everything Mexico has to offer.
- Cambodia & Thailand: Angkor Wat, Koh Chang & Cardamom Mountain Adventure - Exploring Southeast Asia goes from iconic to unexpected on this incredible nine-day adventure. The magnificent Angkor Wat in Cambodia sets the stage with its stunning sunrise, providing a glimpse of the adventures ahead. Next, you'll be whisked away on motorbikes by local women to partake in the creation of a delectable meal in a Cambodian village. You'll then explore the Cardamom Mountains on foot and by kayak, with your experience actively contributing to the preservation of this protected area. And as the grand finale, soak up the tranquillity of a Thai island, featuring more kayaking, beach barbecues, and epic sunsets.
- Japan: Kyoto, Tokyo & the Michinoku Coastal Trail - Japan is a country made for adventure seekers, while bridging modern and ancient traditions. From discovering the villages outside Kyoto on foot and kayaking Japan's deepest lake, to walking the breathtaking Michinoku Coastal Trail, this adventure dives deep into Japan's past and present, while using each day to explore outdoors.
- Zimbabwe & Botswana: Chobe, Hwange & Lake Kariba - Big news: safariing in Africa is no longer a sedentary affair with this 12-day adventure that takes you truly off the beaten path. Explore Lake Kariba by boat and discover Matusadona National Park — one of Zimbabwe's hidden gems — on your own two feet. Glamp in Chobe National park and cross through Hwange National Park on an open-air train car, staying on the lookout for elephants the entire time. If you've come looking for the adventure of a lifetime, this is it.
*** Terms & Conditions apply; ask us for full itinerary and pricing details.
Images courtesy of G Adventures
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.